Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The After Effects

Christmas is over. (Happy Boxing Day to my UK and Aussie blog-buddies!) Now the after effects of the holiday are kicking in. Wrapping paper needed to be thrown away; opened presents needed to be moved from their various piles around the living room and tucked nicely back under the tree. Some major vacuuming needed to be done.

In short, I'm bushed.

Of course, it doesn't help that I spent the past two days stuffing myself with ham and chocolates and candies and every other tasty treat under the roof. It also didn't help that we got some drifting snow yesterday that desperately needed shoveling if I was going to make it out to the trash barrel today. After shoveling and cleaning, and various sundry errands, I collapsed on the couch and watched crap on TV for a few hours.

Oh, and I managed to crank out 1000+ words in the middle of Blink. Yay me. This is particularly helpful since my CP finished critting part one, and wants more. The 'more' I have yet to finish writing, unfortunately. That lit a fire under my patootie, let me tell you.

So yeah, I'm bushed. My hands aren't used to high output writing after so many weeks away, and they're protesting even the writing of this post. On that note, I'm going to give in to their complaining and call it a night.

I hope you all had wonderful holidays this year, and I'm looking forward to the New Year.

What are you up to these days?

No comments: