Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Friday, June 1, 2007

2007 Reads - So far

I thought I'd take a day off from talking about writing to talk about reading. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and I just thought I'd share some of the books I've been burying my nose in. In fact, I'm going to try to list every book I've read this year, and keep the list going.

Here they are (in alphabetical order):

1984 by George Orwell
1st to Die by James Patterson
Afterburn by S.L. Viehl
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Stories to be Read with the Door Locked by Various
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Burn Marks by Sara Paretsky
Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner
The Case of the Shapely Shadow by Erle Stanley Gardner
Consequences of Sin by Clare Langley-Hawthorne
Dark Need by Lynn Viehl
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
Deadlock by Sara Paretsky
Die For Me by Karen Rose
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Fear No Evil by Allison Brennan
Fearless Jones by Walter Mosley
Forecast of Evil by Laura Bradford
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
The Hammer of Eden by Ken Follett
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling
Highlander Unchained by Monica McCarty
Highlander Unmasked by Monica McCarty
Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty
The Hunt by Allison Brennan
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (read novella only)
I See You by Holly Lisle
If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
The Keys to the Street by Ruth Rendell
The Kill by Allison Brennan
Kiss Her Goodbye by Robert Gregory Browne
Kissed by Magic by Kay Robbins
Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
Lady of Light and Shadows by C.L. Wilson
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson
Marked by Fate by Laura Bradford
Midnight Rain by Holly Lisle
Naked Once More by Elizabeth Peters
Night Lost by Lynn Viehl
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
Ninja Soccer Moms by Jennifer Apodaca
Paper Money by Ken Follett
The Prey by Allison Brennan
Private Demon by Lynn Viehl
Raintree: Inferno by Linda Howard
The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Secret Society Girl by Diana Peterfreund
See No Evil by Allison Brennan
The Seven Deadly Sins of Science Fiction (A compilation of shorts by various authors)
Silverlock by John Myers Myers
The Small Assassin by Ray Bradbury
Snow Bride by Margey Hilton
Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan
Stray by Rachel Vincent
Tall, Dark and Filthy Rich by Jill Monroe
Tapped Out by Natalie M. Roberts
The Thornbirds by Colleen McCullough
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
To Have and Have Not by Ernest Hemingway
A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
Tutu Deadly by Natalie M. Roberts
Under the Rose by Diana Peterfreund
Witchy Business by Julie Leto, Rhonda Nelson and Mia Zachary
Woman Without a Past by Phyllis A. Whitney

There are probably others (the list seems too short), but halfway through the year, I've forgotten them. If I remember, they'll be added in at that time. This list does not count the unpublished books I've read as a critique partner, although they really have been worthy of being on a list like this, and they will be someday.

(If you're an author and I visit your blog, but haven't gotten to your books yet, rest assured. I'm working on it. And that includes the missing Allison Brennan novels from the two series I started in the middle. I NEED to read those.)

ETA: I read all the Allison Brennan's I missed!

3 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I really ought to keep a list of the books I read. I'd be interested to see just how many I read in a year.

Erica Ridley said...

I've read 10 of the books on your list (not necessarily this year). I'll be checking out some of the authors I see you've read multiple books of!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Ooo, do check them out, Erica. And if you want any suggestions, let me know. There are only a few on the list I haven't enjoyed.