Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, February 9, 2009

YoDip

In my search for ways to have snacks without breaking our diet, I created a concoction last night. I call it YoDip. Super easy, nonfat, and yummy.

YoDip

2 cups Nonfat Plain yogurt (220 calories)
1/2 packet onion soup mix (50 calories)

Stir thoroughly. Chill overnight for best results. Serve with lowfat crackers or chips or veggies - whatever blows your skirt up. They way I figure it, it's about 9 calories per tablespoon for the dip (check the package for calorie count on your dipable substance of choice) and none of those calories are from fat. Yay.

Next time, I'm going to try creating a sweet dip for rice cakes. I'll let you know how it goes - unless it's really nasty, in which case I'll carry the recipe to my grave. ;o)

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Why not non-fat sour cream? Or is that higher in calories?

B.E. Sanderson said...

You know, I never even thought about that. I just bought the yogurt because I was planning on making a sauce to go over a chicken dish I'm planning. And whatever was left I was going to mix with fruit. The dip idea came out of nowhere. (Like many of my concoctions. LOL)