Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, June 30, 2008

Slapping Myself Around

I was just sitting here thinking I deserved some time off - take a few days, read a few books, play a little poker - when it hit me. I'm not taking time off because I deserve it, or I've earned it, or any such thing. I'm stalling.

To be perfectly honest, I've been dragging my feet editing Spectacle because I'm scared witless of sending it out to another publisher only to have it get rejected again.

Stupid when I think about it. Seriously. I wrote the book for my than just my own pleasure. I want to see it published. It deserves to be published. It will be published. If not by this particular publisher, than by another.

So, it's time for another bi-monthly exercise in slapping myself around until I get my head out of my everlovin' whiz-wang.

Back to work, soldier! Drop and give me three chapters!

.

No comments: