Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Buy it. Now.

I just finished Playing Dead by Allison Brennan. If you haven't read this series, you're doing yourself a great injustice. She nails it. Every time. If you have read it, then get thee hence and buy the third of the trilogy now. (And if you haven't read any of her books, you're really missing something great.)

Just make sure you leave yourself a large time block. I can't put her books down. Even in the midst of moving, I've been reading it every chance I get.

Since I'm the weird kind of person who doesn't like to know a lot about the plot before I read a book, I'm not going to give details about Playing Dead. If you want those, the link will lead you to them. I'm just going to say Allison pulls you into the story, and keeps you enthralled until the final page, where she leaves you satisfied with a story well-told. I never come away from one of her books feeling dissatisfied. (Although, she certainly leaves me wanting more... and waiting impatiently for her next book - Sudden Death.)

If you're out there reading this, Allison, write quicker. ;o)

.

No comments: