Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's Up Here

Okay, I'm officially out of the other house now. Yesterday I got the last of the stuff out, cleaned like a madwoman and handed in the keys. Yay. Loads of fun. Especially since I sprained my ankle on Monday. Nothing like carrying a box of books and missing a step. Shot-put the books several feet, turned my ankle and landed on my ass. If anyone was watching, I'm sure it looked hilarious. I swore up a storm, and probably shocked the crap out of the old lady who lives next door. I spent all day Tuesday on the couch (with occasional limps to the computer for mail checking and blog stuff).

Got a lot of reading done lying on the couch. I started Grisham's The Firm the night before and finished it by bedtime. I also took a nap, watched TV and ate junkfood.

Which left yesterday to get the hell out of the other house before they expected more rent. With my daughter's help, we got it done. (She's a great kid, if I haven't already said so.) So now I'm here, and unless something bizarre happens - again - we'll be here for a while.

Now I can get to querying again. I can sit my butt down and write again. Life can slip back into a groove of some sort once more.

So, today's question is: Are you the kind of person who needs to be in a groove of some sort, or can you roll without one? If you need a groove, how long does it take you to get back into the groove after you've been derailed?

.

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I like a groove. As to getting back in one, that just depends. Sometimes I snap right back and sometimes I lag.

I'm feeling laggy right now, actually...

JenWriter said...

I need a groove. Whenever I get out of it, then I have trouble getting back in. Writing is like exercising to me. Hard to get a daily pattern going, but once I get it, it sticks.