Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Santa Esploded

Heh. That's just my way of saying I decorated the house today. I... well, I have a lot of decorations, and once I get started doing x-mas decorations, I just can't seem to stop until I've put everything out.

Strange thing is, I have a small tree. Well, two small trees of my own. The house came with a huge tree, and two tiny ones. I left the huge tree in the basement. (Don't really have space for it anyway.) I used one of the tiny 'Charlie Brown' ones, though. So, we have three decorated trees. And for some reason - I'm not exactly sure why - we have a profusion of stockings. Ummm... Seven big ones, and three or four small ones. For the three of us. (Four if you count the cat, and yes, she does have her own stocking.)

I also started x-mas shopping today. I know, I know. Some of you are already finished, and some are most of the way done. By now, I'm usually in that group. This year, time got away from me. I still have to put the finishing touches on my homemade blankets and get those suckers in the mail so they arrive in time. I still have tons of cookies, and fudges, to make so I can give those away. And it's already the end of the third.

Ugh.

Well, at least I got my writing done in November. I even got some writing done today. Tomorrow? Well, we'll see if I get started on making foodie-gifts. I'd like to at least get both blankets ready for shipping by this time.

How are your holiday plans coming along? Got any shopping or baking to do?

.

1 comment:

Kristen Painter said...

I have a massive tub of mac-n-cheese to make for my chapter Christmas party on Saturday. Other than that, just prepping for the Costa Rica trip.