Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, July 5, 2007

News and Other Stuff

Due to packing and moving, my online bookstore "Books by BES" will be closed until at least July 16th but no later than August 1st. With half the stock in boxes and moved already, the whole idea of trying to find a book in order to ship it became too daunting. Everything will be fine once we've moved. I've even got a couple hundred new books to list!

The firm moving dates are July 13-15th, so I expect to be offline that weekend. Until then and after then, everything will be running pretty much the same - blog posts, e-mails, etc. I'll post something the night before I shut down so my regular readers won't miss a beat. (Thanks for being regular readers, guys.) And as soon as I'm up, I'll post a note to the blog, too.

This also means that my 100 words a day every day is probably going to have a burp that weekend, too. Never fear. I'll make the words up on another day.

I hope you're all having lovely days wherever you are, and that this godawful heat isn't getting you down too much.

3 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

I tried selling some books through Amazon and I didn't sell a SINGLE COPY!. Of course, my selection consisted of books that I no longer wanted, so I suppose there's no huge surprise, there.

B.E. Sanderson said...

It took a couple months for me to sell my first book, after I'd listed 25 books to start. After that I got hooked and started buying books just to list. I try to find rare and collectible books, but sometimes I buy them because I'm a book hoarder at heart. Right now I have about 1100 listed. (Well, not right now because I'm 'on vacation' from book selling, but they'll be there later.)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Heat? What heat? We're having the miserablest, rainiest summer that ever there was, here in the UK. I think I'm developing trench foot.

Hope the move goes well.