Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Night Off

I took the night off, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it (well, not much anyway). Probably a good thing since I haven't done a good job explaining myself today. Anything I wrote in this state would have to be rewritten anyway.

(Umm... rationalize much?)

On the upside, I finished a book I picked up to read in the airport - Witchy Business by Julie Leto, Rhonda Nelson and Mia Zachary. What a neat book. Three novellas wrapped around the same background - a witch community in Sedona, AZ. (I'd tell you more, but I hate giving away story info - follow the link to learn more.)

I picked it up because I've spent some time over at Julie Leto's site, reading her advice to other writers, and she sounds like she knows what she's talking about. Reading her novella in this book, I can tell my assumption was correct. She does know what she's talking about. (I SO hate it when I read advice and then find out the person giving it doesn't follow it themselves. Ack.) So I'm pretty happy with my purchase and with the hours I spent reading. =oD

It's a definite 'must buy' for anyone who is even remotely interested in paranormal romance. The only caveat is to understand that while Leto and Zachary seem to have similar writing styles, Nelson's style is different - not a bad thing, just a jolt since her story is the middle one. Once I understood the change in styles, I slipped right into the story and enjoyed it as much as the other two.

Good job, ladies. And thank you.

No comments: