Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Day in the Life

Oops. I missed yesterday's blog. No excuses, but maybe an explanation will suffice. At least it'll give all of you a glimpse into why yesterday got forgotten.

First off, yesterday morning, my daughter and I went for a power walk. If my calculations are correct, we walked about ten city blocks. I forgot to wear my pedometer, so I don't know just how far it was, but it was far enough to feel the burn. Maybe we'll do the same route today and I'll remember to measure it. (ETA: Wore it this morning - we walked 7/8ths of a mile, or 1750 steps.)

Then we ran our typical morning errands. Every day (yes, every day) we go to the library. It's only a half-mile away, so it's not a big deal. I dropped her off and went grocery shopping (also another daily occurence - because I'm so damn forgetful).

After we got home, it was an hour each on geometry, biology, literature, writing, and history (with lunch in there somewhere). Since her biology textbook is online, that's always an hour where she's on my computer. She's not allowed to have internet access on her computer yet, so I'm happy to lend her mine for schoolwork purposes. She also uses this puppy for research, so there's more time when I'm not at the keyboard. Then, if she gets her work done for the day, and I'm feeling magnanimous, she gets an hour playing at her favorite websites online.

Don't despair for my non-computer time, though. I usually use it for research (okay, not all the time - unless you count reruns of Crossing Jordan as research... Hmmm, now there's a thought) and reading. I'm about a third through the second book in Monica McCarty's Highlander series. If you haven't picked them up, hurry forth and by them!

Anyway, late afternoon rolls around and I finally get back to my work station (i.e. the computer) and I sat down to write another query letter. Got it all wrapped up nicely--to the point where if I were the agent, I'd definitely be requesting at least a partial--and sent it out.

Then after dinner (and after watching the newest installment of the WSOP - World Series of Poker - on ESPN), I sat down to get some work done. An hour and a half on Redemption and an hour on AWJ.

By that time, I remembered the missing blog post, but I was so damn tired, I decided to skip it.

And now you know the rest of the story. ;o)

1 comment:

Maya Reynolds said...

B.E.: Lord, do I know what that's like.

I'll be getting ready for bed and suddenly realize I forgot to post to my blog.

Every time it happens, I'm amazed that it slipped my mind.