Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Friday, November 23, 2007

Book Recommendations

I don't usually do this, but...

If you haven't read C.L. Wilson yet, what's keeping you? I could sing her praises, but reading is believing. Check out her website, and if you still don't think it's worth the money, well, you're the one losing out. She's already hit the bestseller's lists with both books, and I anticipate we'll be seeing a lot of this lady for years to come. I'd even go so far as to say she might end up right up there with Terry Brooks "Shannara" series.

This gal's got a flair for rich world-building, scene setting, characterisation, dialogue, intrigue... Umm, yeah. Everything. My only negative with her work is that I got so caught up in the plot, I tended to skip over some of the setting. I really do like to read every word, but sometimes things just move too fast and I want... NEED... to know what'll happen next. Seems a waste to miss each of her wonderfully written words, but stuff happens. I guess I'll just have to go back and re-read what I missed. Oh shucks.

Thanks for your work, Ms. Wilson. I and my daughter appreciate it. (Oh, and one last minor glitch. The next two books in this series don't come out until October of 2008. Damn it. Now I have to wait.)

No comments: