Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Blahdy Blahdy Blah

I haven't the faintest idea what to blog about today. (Which explain why this post is so damn late.)

I could give you all an update on how things are going, but the meters make the writing part pretty obvious. Other than writing like a maniac, not much is going on. I sent out some queries the other day, and two came back rejections. (Jury's still out on the rest.) One was pretty form-ish, but the other was quite nice. Something along the lines of her current workload combined with the limited number of fiction she's taking on, but (and it was a stressed but) she wanted me to know her decision had nothing to do with my idea or with the quality of my writing. That one was fairly heartening.

I still haven't heard from the publisher I sent Caldera to several months ago. Of course, they did say they had a 4-6 month lead time, but I'm assuming the longer it takes, the worse my chances are.

I've put submitting on hold right now so I can concentrate on R2L. Actually, I've put all my other writing work on hold for this book. I haven't been editing, querying, synopsizing, or anything. It's liberating in a way, but definitely weird.

On the R2L front, I'm still going at a pretty good clip. Hit a rough patch in the middle (like always) where everything seems lame and the story is dragging, but I'm forging ahead. I'll fix it during the edit process.

So, tell me... How are things going for you these days? Doing any querying? Any nibbles? Is the writing flowing well, or is it coming out like milk that's turned all cottage cheesy?

No comments: