10. The cat was in my way. And sixteen pounds of fur laying between my hands and the keyboard is problematic.
9. I have to cook dinner, do laundry, vacuum, dust, mow the lawn... There are more than enough chores to be done, and I can't do any of them while I'm writing... Not that I was really wanting to do them, but they're still there.
8. It's too noisy. I mean, seriously, how can anyone write with the sound of trains and cars, the hum of the grainery, the tweeting of birds, the thumping of someone else's stereo...
7. NCIS is on. No, really. I can't miss an episode of NCIS, even when it's just a rerun on USA. Especially when it's one I've only seen a couple times.
6. I'm too tired. Especially since I stayed up to watch Election Coverage, and then the House marathon, and then... well, you get the drift.
5. The last rejection depressed me too much to write.
4. I can't write until I organize my desk. After all, a cluttered desk is distracting. Right?
3. I'm right in the middle of this book, and I have ten books piled behind it to be read. (Not to mention all those blogs I've been meaning to catch up on.)
2. My hands hurt from typing, my ass hurts from sitting here, and I have headache from staring at the computer screen.
1. It's football season. The Wolverines, the Packers, the Steelers, the Spartans, the 'Noles, the Colts... I bet there's even a game from the '70s on ESPN Classic. I know I haven't seen all of those yet. And of course, after football season there's baseball, and golf, and if I really stretched it, I could be watching hockey or tennis, and there's always poker on somewhere.
So, there are some of my excuses not to write. You'll notice none of them include total annihilation, or even hospitalization. Therefore (I tell myself)...
GET BACK TO WORK!
What are some of your excuses for not writing? We all have them, so fess up.
Crime in the News...
14 hours ago