Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ack! I'm hit!

I got tagged. Maya Reynolds got me...

Here are the rules: 1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 2) People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 4) Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

So here goes:

1) I can't make the bullets and numbers work on my blog. This is pretty funny because a long time ago, in a different place and time, I used to do computer consulting and web design.

2) My best friends in high school called me 'Bruno' because we all decided nicknames were cool, and I always wanted to be called Bruno. It probably doesn't hurt that my paternal grandfather - a man who died 24 years before I was born - was referred to as Bruno.

3) I am allergic to Valium. It won't kill me or anything, but it makes me hallucinate. They gave me some after my car accident and I freaked out. I begged my best friend to pop me because I was a balloon and I was going to float away. The nurses wrote in my chart that I was crying because I couldn't lay an egg. It was pretty ugly. Mom told them not togive me Valium, because Dad was allergic, but they didn't listen. (Dad once thought he was the buffet in a Chinese restaurant, and Chinese soldiers were eating him alive.)

4) I use to be a tree-hugger. Literally. I used to believe trees had feelings, too, and they could all use a good hug now and then, so I would go around hugging trees. This probably lead to my nearly throwing up during the film at the beginning of the Mead Paper plant tour. Missed the actual tour. In retrospect, I'm really disappointed. The me now would think it was really cool.

5) My best friend when I was a kid was my dog. I didn't have any human friends, which may sound pathetic, but it was okay. He was the best dog ever, and smarter than most of the kids I was around anyway.

6) I have visited 28 out of the fifty states. Most of this was during my cross-country moves. I moved from Michigan to Florida, and then from Florida to Utah, and then from Utah to Colorado. The majority of the rest have been traveling for business. The only states I've visited strictly on vacation are Louisiana and Wisconsin. I've only been in Arizona because I had a layover in the Phoenix airport, so it's probably the state I've spent the least amount of time in.

7) I never expected to live past the age of thirty.

8) When I was three years old, I started writing Robinson Crusoe. I sat down with paper, a pencil and a copy of the book, and began copying it word for word. Back then, that's all I thought was required to write a book. I only got through the first couple of paragraphs.

Okay. I'm with Maya. The next person who tags me, dies. =op

I don't know eight people well enough to tag them, so if you're reading this and you want to participate, feel free. (The two or three I know will happily shoot me if I tag them.) Just make sure you leave a comment here so I can come read along.

Have a great day.

(PS. This was fun, and I'm honored Maya thought of me.)

4 comments:

Maya Reynolds said...

I was looking for good-humored people who wouldn't shoot me.

Janimé said...

Ay Bruno!!

;)

Maya Reynolds said...

I forgot to ask: Is it that you can't find the bullets and numbers or that you can't make them do exactly what you want?

I move from "edit HTML" mode to "compose" mode whenever I want to do bullets or numbers. It's not perfect, but it's something.

B.E. Sanderson said...

S'okay Maya. I wouldn't shoot you. =o) I can find the bullets and numbering, I just can't force them to do what I want. I click numbers when I'm writing my post, and they look like bullets when I publish. I could write the HTML, but I'm lazy, and I lent my code book to a friend. (ok, mostly lazy)

Yo, Jan! ;o)