Partway through the fifth edit of Blink--and after I just finished telling my CP I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the beginning--I decided to start over on the edit. I think I figured out what was wrong. It wasn't the story, it was the way I was telling it. Yup. The storytelling sucked right at the beginning.
I never finished edit #5, so saying I was on #6 seemed dishonest. So... I restarted the edit and renamed it v5.1. Taking a page from the computer programmers, I guess.
This seems to be doing the trick, so I'm running with it. I should be able to resume my previous edit after I fix the first two chapters. Yay.
I love it when a plan comes together.
The Ever-Widening Ass at Christmas
16 hours ago