Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Midnight Rain

My awesome CP sent me the book Midnight Rain by Holly Lisle. I started reading it just before 5pm yesterday. I finished reading it at midnight.

It was that good. I kept meaning to go to bed, but I couldn't put it down. These days, anything that makes me want to stay up past ten o'clock, you can believe is good stuff.

Of course, not everything in it was to my tastes. I'm not talking about the gore or the sex - those were both at a level where they fit perfectly within the story. No. She's got some philosophy is there that made me wince. *shrug* Probably just me. I skipped over it fast, shook my head a bit and got right back into the story. Lucky for me, those parts came early and left fast. Otherwise, quite an enjoyable, suspenseful ride.

Except now I'm running on way too little sleep. I suppose I should be perturbed, but it's my own damn fault for starting to read a book so late in the day. It even railroaded my work time.

Darn book. ;o)

1 comment:

Erica Ridley said...

LOL, you sound like me! I'm always meaning to read "a little bit" and then suddenly hours have gone by and I haven't eaten dinner or met my client deadlines. Darn book addiction! ;)