Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, August 12, 2007

D'oh!

I didn't notice until just now, but I thought yesterday was Sunday. In fact, I woke up this morning thinking today was Monday. This explains why in yesterday's post, I said I was starting school tomorrow (i.e. Sunday).

Umm... Yeah. Just so you know, I'm not a slave driver. I don't do school on Sundays, and we do take breaks and vacations just like public school. Sometimes we take days off where public school doesn't as a matter of fact. Of course, sometimes we have school when public school is off - like during 'teacher in-service days', etc. - but it doesn't effect the big days-off like x-mas and Thanksgiving.

Nope, not a slave driver. Just not as aware of the world around me as I sometimes ought to be.

I debated deleting the error from yesterday's post, but in the end, I decided to explain instead. I can't be the only one who does this. Can I? Does anyone else out there ever get the day mixed up? Ever wake up on a weekend, thinking your alarm didn't go off and then rush around getting ready for work?

I'm like that all the time.

3 comments:

Alex Adams said...

Welcome to my life :D I'm always getting my days mixed up. I often leap out of bed on the weekends thinking we've slept in. And not too long ago MBH got up on a Sunday morning and began getting ready for work. Don't feel alone :D

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL

I hated when I did that. Now I just wake up and wonder why the hubby's alarm didn't go off.

Erica Ridley said...

If it makes you feel better, I thought today was Friday. I even sent an email to the Mavens with a subject line reflecting that misconception. (Their response, quite naturally, was along the lines of, "???")

Some days are like that. =)