Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tag I'm It

Kristen Painter tagged me with a meme. So, without further (or any) ado:

Four jobs I've had or currently have in my life:
1. Executive Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Operations
2. Manufacturers' Representative
3. Computer Consultant
4. Shift Manager for a national telemarketing firm

Four countries I've been to:
1) Canada
...Umm, that's it. Canada. Once.

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan
2. Estes Park, CO
3. Cape San Blas, FL
4. In a cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere

Four foods I like to eat:
1. stuffed mushrooms
2. caramel-apple upside-down pie
3. homemade cheesecake
4. hot fudge brownie sundaes

Four personal heroes, past or present:
1. My husband
2. Dad
3. Mom
4. Ayn Rand

Four books I've read or am currently reading:
(only four???)
1. Atlas Shrugged
2. Jane Eyre
3. I, the Jury
4. The Adventures of the Stainless Steel Rat

Four words or phrases I'd like to see used more often:
1. I made a mistake and I'm sorry.
2. He is a good man. (or She is a good woman.)
3. I like who I am.
4. I am responsible for my own actions.

Four reasons for ending a friendship:
1. Dishonesty
2. Betrayal
3. Gross incompetence
4. A huge chasm between their philosophy of life and mine.

Four smells that make me feel good about the world:
1. A pine forest in the middle of nowhere.
2. My husband's skin
3. Lilacs
4. Fresh homemade blueberry pie

My question: Four wonderful memories:
1. My husband proposing to me the night before our wedding.
2. The view from Mt. Sugarloaf in Michigan
3. Summer in the LeCheneaux Islands
4. Blueberry picking with my whole family every summer when I was a child.

You know me. I don't tag people. If you're inclined to participate in the meme, please do so and leave a comment here so we can all visit and read your answers.

ETA: Paperback Writer - S.L. Viehl - got tagged this morning for this, too. So we're not alone.

Update: My very good friend and also wonderfully talented writer, Alexia Adams has her meme up, and a new visitor to my blog - Susan Flemming also has her answers up. (But I can't claim responsibility for the last one. Darn it.) Way to go Alex, and Welcome Susan! =oD

8 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Oh, lilacs! I love lilacs. Thanks for playing! (And kitten toes are just what they sound like...my kitty-cats' toes. I just love to bite 'em.)

Erica Ridley said...

Mmmm... Your four foods make me so hungry!!! =)

Janimé said...

What-do-you-know. I'm reading Jane Eyre again as well.

OT: Do you know they are now selling "Cliffs Notes" movies? They package an older movie version of something like Jane Eyre or Moby Dick with the Cliffs Notes for the story. Just read the stinking book already! (That said, I did pick up the one for Jane Eyre because it was both inexpensive and a version that I like).

Oh, and if you still need some reading help, I can do that.

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL Kristen. If I nibbled on my kitty's toes, I'd get a claw through my lip. She doesn't mind if I blow raspberries into her belly fur, though.

If you're ever in St. Louis, Erica, Mike Shannon's restaurant was where I got the caramel-apple upside-down pie. I asked for the recipe, but the chef wouldn't part with it.

I'm not currently reading Jane Eyre again, Jan. I've just read it. This morning, I was between books, but I just picked up a couple at the library that I've been waiting for. I'll take you up on the reading help. You'll see it in your in-box shortly. =oD

Alex Adams said...

Very cool! And now I'm hungry :D

Anonymous said...

The question you added is very close to the question I added. Mine was... Four Most Vivid Memories

Wendy Roberts said...

Funny ... I have a sudden desire to read Jane Eyre again and I'm also STARVED!

Unknown said...

Brought back childhood memories for me..... lilacs and picking blueberries :-)