Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Crazies Are Out

Apparently Janet Reid voiced her opinion on a blog she contributes to (the link is in her post) - big shock, I know - and now she's weathering a shitstorm from the crazies of the world.

No, I don't agree with her opinion, but I sure as hell agree with her right to voice it without every loon on the net jumping in to beat her up with, at best, ad hominem attacks and, at worst, complete and utter idiocy. *shrug* Up the dosage of valium, take a ridalin... whatever gets you to your calm place. If you want to spout venom and nastiness, do it in your own house. Then the rest of us will only have to see it if we actively seek you out. (Fat chance of that, but thems the breaks.)

And to anyone who followed the lunacy here to make an attack on me. Don't bother. This, for all intents and purposes, is my house. The standing rule here is: I will delete any and all nasty comments. My blog; my rules. Neener neener neener. =op

Childish and sophomoric? Of course. But that is my perogative.

As someone commented on one or both of the posts, must be a full moon. Would you buy something in the air? Possibly the forthcoming election? Or could it be that our culture has degraded to the point where we no longer know how to be civil to people of differing opinions?

*shrug*

Whatever your thoughts are on this or any other issue--whatever your opinions are--I'll be the better man (even if I am a woman) and just tell you one thing:

Have a lovely day. =o)

.

No comments: