Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

A Curiosity

While shopping at Wally World for all my x-mas presents, I happened upon a curious sight. I was waiting in pet supplies for someone to help me get a new kitty-condo from the top shelf, when a bird flew up and landed on a bag of cat food not ten feet from where I stood. As luck would have it, he was actually in the correct aisle for his shopping needs. (For some bizarre reason, the cat food and the bird food are in the same aisle.) Why a male house sparrow would be in a department store escapes me. Perhaps he was prepping for the holidays himself. After all, he sat there looking at the bags of bird seed, as if he were comparison shopping, while I stood there watching him, wondering if I was the only one to witness this odd thing. And then, before I knew it he was gone.

Happy Holidays, Mr. Sparrow. (And thank you for keeping me company while I was waiting.)

Now, the moral to this story is: With all the racing around most people do, few ever stop long enough to think, let alone witness a curiosity. As you all hustle through the holidays, take a moment to stop and look around. You never can tell what wonders might flitter through your life along the way.

1 comment:

Janimé said...

Aren't little moments like that completely wonderful!?