Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Giftmas Eve Eve

Only two shopping days left until Christmas, or as I think of it, Giftmas. It's the one time of the year we loosen up the purse strings and let loose with presents for each other. It's our yearly reward to ourselves for all of our hard work.

Giftmas is the perfect time of the year to look backwards over your year and celebrate your accomplishments. In the spirit of this, I'd like to remember some of the things we did this year for which we so richly deserve rewards. This year, we:

  • Paid off all our credit cards. (Yay, us!)
  • Began saving for retirement!


This year I:

  • Completed a novel - "Caldera", which was started in 2004.
  • Finished the first draft of my third novel - "Blink".
  • Re-edited my first novel ("Spectacle") and began resubmitting it for representation.
  • Began submitting short stories and poems to lit journals.
  • Homeschooled my daughter to the successful completion of 7th grade, and the first half of 8th grade. (With the CSAP scores to back it up.)
  • Celebrated my 2nd anniversary with the most awesome man in the world.

My husband spent the year busting his butt at work, and bringing home his most excellent paycheck for doing so (although, it can never match what he's worth). I have been spending this month showering him with wonderful yummy treats and little gifts to show how much I appreciate his value to me.

My daughter has also busted her hiney this year, learning lots for school and trying to develop an exercise routine. She's doing very well, and she'll be getting plenty of rewards under the tree this year. Also, she made it to the regional Spelling Bee last spring, and although she went out on an easy word due to nerves, we're very proud of her.

Please, as you read this, take some time to think about the accomplishments, and then treat yourself heartily and without reserve during this holiday season.

No comments: