Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Just the Beginning

As this is my first foray into the blogging world, I'll start by telling you a little bit about myself. I am a writer who is working on becoming a published novelist. (Not the easiest job in the world, despite what others may assume.) Needless to say, I got a late start on the business of writing, although I have been writing for myself for at least twenty years. And while I completed my first manuscript about two years ago, I haven't seen anything in print.

Additionally, I am a homeschooling parent and a SAHM (Stay-at-home-mother).

So, this blog will be a mixture of the woes and joys of writing, parenting, teaching, and ultimately, life. I hope you enjoy my musings enough to come back and visit from time to time.

(Although, for reasons of my own, I'm going to shy away from anything too deeply personal. You never know what kind of nuts are roaming the world these days, and life's too short to invite them into my home.)

-Shrug

PS. The nickname 'Shrug' is my online moniker and short for I_Shrugged (the user name I keep at Absolute Write).

(ETA: I am in no way affiliated with Absolute Write, its administrators, or its entities. Additionally, I am no longer a member.)

2 comments:

Ted Gross said...

Hah! I was wondering when you would finally break down!

So now soon, I will be doing a review in Cobwebs Of The Mind of the Shrug blog....hehehhehhe..I can't wait!

Good luck you!...and remember...since I commented the nuts out there will all pale in comparison to me!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Nuts like you I can take. :)