Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, December 10, 2006

First Draft of Novel #3 Complete

Well folks. I did it. The first draft of #3 is in the can. Now I can let it simmer a bit, and then forge my way through the editing phase. There's a lot to do in that quarter, let me tell you. I've been busting my hump at a breakneck pace for the past month or so, and it was a matter of 'damn the torpedos'. So, while I am pleased with the final outcome of the novel, I know I have to go back and rewrite the beginning. (Plus fix quite a few passages where I was going so fast, trying to get the ideas out on paper, I may not have placed the best prose out on the page.)

Should be fun.

And once I get the editing underway, I may jump into the idea I have for #4. (I've already started it, but I need to outline it before I get too far.)

Whooppee!!