Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, April 21, 2008

Bushed

Part of the problem with my madness of writing at night is sometimes by the time I get around to my writing time, I'm too bushed to think let alone create. From shortly after dinner until about an hour ago, I was snoozing on the couch, trying desperately to find a little bit of energy to sit here and write. I didn't want to. I wanted to spend tonight playing the part of broccoli in the couch potato olympics.

And then I remembered my admonition the other day about committment. If I couldn't get my tired ass of the couch for at least an hour, how the hell could I look at myself in the mirror? For that matter, how the hell could I face any of you who'd read that post?

I dragged myself off the couch, and sat myself down here. I could've let it slide when I got to a stopping point after 200 words, but it wasn't much of a stopping point. (Anyway, laziness makes me feel guilty.) Besides, I promised last year that I would get at least 500 words out when I sat down to write.

They probably aren't the best 500 words, but I did it. Now I'm having a smoke and going to bed. G'night all.

:snore:

3 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

That's awesome! I need some of that "get off the couch" attitude. Since getting back from Hawaii, I'm struggling. I'm not sure why the jet lag is hitting me so hard this time, but man, I'm dragging.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Well done! I think it shows real commitment to writing when someone writes when they don't feel like writing. There's this misconception that 'the muse will descend' when the reality is more like that 99% perspiration 1% inspiration quote.

Travis Erwin said...

Good for you plugging along and I'm with you, bt the time I get mt boys to bed I'm beat but I try to do a bit each night regardless.