Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Power Problems

Well, just when things get rolling, other stuff happens to derail the plan. In my case, we had power problems last night. We were completely out for a while, and then it was intermittent. Needless to say, during those intermittent up times, I didn't want to power up the computer. The last thing I need is some electric thing trashing out my 'pooter. When we finally got the all clear, I was already in bed. Dang it.

Sometimes writing every day doesn't work out like I want to. Sure, I could've gone to hardcopy, but I didn't. Sitting in the half-light provided through the windows in this house, trying to write longhand, isn't my idea of a good time. Excuses, excuses, excuses... I know. The guilt is already smacking me upside the head.

It did give me some extra time to crochet, though. My blanket is almost finished. I didn't realize how huge it was going to end up until I started sewing all the pieces together. Egads. My husband could fit under it comfortably, even if he stretched out. Still, it's been fun and a good way to sort through plot issues without being at the computer. (So, I guess in a way, I was working on writing, even though it wasn't measurable.)

Barring any unforseen difficulties, look for the progress meter to move tonight. I have a crucial scene to write, and some dastardly deeds to commit. Bwa ha ha.

3 comments:

JenWriter said...

Hee. I'm about to kill off a whole slew of people tonight. And just sitting here thinking about that, I realized I forgot to include something important a few scenes back. Whoops.

Wendy Roberts said...

Good luck with your big scene! I'll keep fingers crossed the power stays on :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Hope you had fun killing people last night, Jen. I know I had fun.

Thanks, Wendy. I didn't think I was going to be able to write last night either. We had some whopper storms roll through. But the power stayed on and the storms passed, so I got the scene written. Time for a new chapter and the next scene. Yay.