Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, September 1, 2008

Purge Complete

Nothing like a good old-fashioned panic attack, I say. Thanks to all the people who wished me well, and tried to help me get over it. It really helped.

It also helped to get all that crap out on paper (so to speak). Purge the system and start clean. *shrug* Whatever it takes to get the job done.

I got back to work tonight. For once, my writing doesn't feel like crap. I can actually see where I was headed and what I wanted to say. So far, I'm just going back over what I'd already written, but I'm editing as I go, and I like what I'm adding. (Even my editing felt sucky for the past few weeks.)

So, the purge is complete, and I'm moving ahead again.

Until the next panic attack. On the upside, I usually only get a major one of these once a year. (Minor ones every quarter. LOL)

Maybe I should've written that huge whiney, ranty, bitchy post weeks ago. I could've avoided all this crap and gotten some work done while I had extra time to do it. You know, like when my daughter was still on summer break. Now I have to confine my writing to nights and weekends because my days are filled with teaching. It's worth it, but it's not easy.

But whoever said life was easy.

Here's hoping things are jelling wherever you are and with whatever you're doing. And to those people in the hurricane effected areas, my thoughts are with you. Keep your head down, and when they say evacuate, get the hell out of town.

.

No comments: