Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Caught Up With Myself

Well, I just finished re-reading and editing what I'd already written on Nano. It's was pretty good stuff and now it's even better. New layers. New twists.

And the same old wall.

You see, I wrote something that I'm not sure I can get out of, but it's so damn good, I'm not sure if re-writing that part will make the story better or worse. (I'd say what, but that'd be telling.) Whenever this happens, I'm reminded of one of my favorite movie quotes:

"Okay, Joan Wilder, write us out of this one." (Or something like that. I haven't seen the movie in ages. Oh, and bonus points for naming that movie.)

This has happened before, and the results - once I figure them out - are usually better than I originally hoped. I'm not worried yet. Tomorrow, I'll get to brainstorming how to get myself out of the corner I painted myself into.

How are things going in your world? Ever write yourself into a corner like I do, or are you one of those people who plot everything out in advance?

.

No comments: