Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, September 15, 2008

Distractions

I was really getting on a nice writing jag, and then...

Darling daughter had a homework question about calderas, which led to a discussion about volcanism in general, which led to a discussion about plate techtonics, which led to a discussion of how nature adapted to the drifting continents, and thus to the weird animals scattered about the world.

All of which led to total derailment of my writing jag.

Not that I'm complaining. (Well, not too loudly.) After all, it is my job to teach her and help her with her homework so she can succeed in life. It was a really productive discussion and we got a lot of confusion out of the way about the whole plate techtonics thing, and volcanoes in general. But I was committed to writing tonight.

*shrug* I'll take those kinds of distractions whenever they arise. In the whole scheme of things, they're worth it.

What big distractions do you have in your life?

.

1 comment:

Kristen Painter said...

I think I am my own biggest distraction. I can always find something else to do besides writing.