Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Ugh. How do some people do this? Seriously. Hell, I can't remember how I used to do this when I was a single mom with a full time job writing at night.

Maybe it was the booze. ;o)

Right now I'm a full time teacher, and full time mom in charge of all domestic affairs during the day, and a writer at night. I'm pooped. Of course it didn't help that I had to do a full-on house cleaning yesterday because my landlord is the kind of person who would sell his mother if he could (which means this house, even though we rent it, is always on the market). My house is spotless, but I've been draggin' butt all day.

Tonight, I edited a chapter and added maybe 200 words, and I'm friggin' bushed. There's not enough ice tea in the county to keep me awake and it's only 8 o'clock. (BTW, ice tea... very low cal if you make it with sweetner.)

Speaking of diets, as of Monday, I dropped 6 lbs. Six pounds and this is the sixth week. Not burning up the diet highway, but everything I read said a pound a week was the way to go, so I'm happy.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of blog posts. With school in session, I don't have as much free computer time as I used to. She's doing about 75% of her English on the computer, all of her Spanish, and half of her geology (she doesn't have internet access on her 'puter). Plus about half of history is the two of us doing online research into various aspects of the material she read as homework the night before. And her 'desk' is about four feet from mine, so it's hard to keep her focused while I'm over here typing away. Needless to say, I get the computer first thing in the morning and after dinner. By then, I have x-amount of time to work on my writing before I'm too pooped to pop.

If you're one of those people who juggles a bazillion things, and still manages to keep a good writing schedule (while also maintaining your sanity), tell me how you do it.

.

No comments: