Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, September 7, 2008

This n That

This weekend signaled two things...

First, it was the opening weekend of Pro-Football. Yay! I love football. Of course, I love college football more than pro, but they both make me happy. I love the artistry of a well-caught pass, and the athleticism of a running back juking his way through a mass of huge bodies to get the ball down the field. *happy sigh* I can't wait for the first Monday Night Football of the year. Packers vs. Vikings. GO PACK!

Also Michigan finally won a game this weekend. I only wish that Ohio State had lost.

Second, I got back to writing new words. Double Yay! It wasn't much. But considering I was still stymied as to how to proceed from here, I'm happy with even 700 words. I sat down on the couch with my trusty red pen and notepad, trying to figure out the answer to the eternal question: "What comes next?" When I talked myself through the problem, the answer presented itself, and I sat here. 700 words ain't a bad start.

As I said before, this book is more difficult than any I've written. More twists, more tension, and more players involved in the outcome. I'm keeping it third limited, and I'm trying not to head-hop - at least not so that it's jarring. So far, I'm liking the outcome. Time will tell if anyone else likes it, too.

And on that note, I think I'm pretty close to getting ready to send Manhunter out into the world. The only problem is my readers have busy lives right now. So, if any of you have any free time and would like to read a suspense novel tinged with romance, drop me an e-mail. All I'm looking for is a little proofing and a heads-up if you find anything that either isn't explained well or sounds off for some reason. I'll be happy to do a reciprocal read, or if you don't have anything you need read, I'm willing to send you a book in appreciation. (I have about 1500 to choose from.)

If you're interested, let me know. Otherwise, tell me how your teams did this weekend.

No comments: