Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, March 24, 2008

My World

Okay, I admit it. I'm one of those people who can't NOT work. I haven't been writing or editing, because I am taking a sabbatical (damn it), and my brain needs time away from the books for a while. (Five books, four years... Plus rewrites, edits, queries, short stories, etc... I think I've earned a little break, eh?) But I can't just sit around watching TV and/or reading.

So, I'm crocheting.

You may notice a new meter over there to the side. It's my blanket-meter. Depending on the width, I can get about a strip done a day before my hands cramp. It's going to be a big blanket, and soooo warm - just in time for summer. =o\

I guess it's just as well I'm taking a break right now. Yesterday I sliced the middle finger of my left hand open (it's now stuck in the 'flipping off' position) and I'm typing sans the finger that usually does all the most used letters. (i.e. E R T S) No worries - it doesn't require stitches, it's just a PITA. Good thing I'm right-handed or the crocheting would suck, too.

I expect that soon even the crocheting won't be enough to keep me from going stir-crazy and the sabbatical will end. I'm already thinking about my stories while I crochet so and end to the blahs can't be far off.

So, how are things in your world?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the break :-)