Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gettin' 'er Done

:ppbbffttll: Google is messin' with me this morning. So if you got here and saw a post title with no post, I apologize.

Anyway...

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I was actually gettin' 'er done for a change. Last night, I hit my stride with the synopsis and finished the rough draft. Then I sat here and typed the thing in. The whole process took me about three and a half hours, totally screwed my beauty sleep, and as a result I'm draggin' butt this morning, but it's done.

Oh, it completely sucks. I admit that. But it's DONE. As I've said before, you can fix suckage, but not if you never get it onto the paper. So, for me, this is a huge milestone. Yay me. Seven pages handwritten turned into about four pages typed (single spaced with extra bits added in because I missed some good stuff).

Now comes the fixing. This shouldn't be as hard. I know it won't end up as long - which is good - and I'll get rid of the suckage - which is better. Since this is the last piece of my query materials, maybe if I keep my head down and keeping gettin' 'er done, I'll be able to send this puppy out next week. More Yay.

So, how are things in your world this week?

No comments: