Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Favorite Books

Years ago, I kept lists of my favorite things. It was an exercise in affirming my values, and it made me feel good. Unfortunately, I lost my lists in the great computer crash of 2006. Doesn't matter really; I know what I like.

So without further ado...

My Top Ten Favorite Books of All Time (subject to change)

1. Atlas Shrugged
2. The Fountainhead
3. Jane Eyre
4. I, The Jury
5. Elfstones of Shannara
6. The Count of Monte Cristo
7. Anthem
8. The Stand
9. Ninety-Three
10. We The Living

(I know. Four of the books are by Ayn Rand, but she's my favorite author. *shrug*)

What are your favorite books?

(PS. Speaking of books... I just had a marvelous surprise at the grocery store. Allison Brennan's Killing Fear is out!!! Yay! I snatched that puppy off the shelves and it's sitting beside me now. While none of her books is in the above list, she's quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.)

No comments: