Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, January 14, 2008

Five Blogs That Rock

Inspired by the newest visitor to The Writing Spectacle - JenWriter - and her 5 Great Blogs by Writers (I'm one of them!), I thought I'd give my own version. Below are what I think are five blogs that consistently rock the writerly world. (Not including Jen's blog, which rocks on its own and already has the above link, or several others, because I talk about them regularly, and they already know how much I think they rock.)

One Word, One Rung, One Day - Travis Erwin shares his life, his stories and his humor with the world. In his own words: "One word ... because that is how all stories must start. One Rung ... at a time up the long, slippery ladder of success. One Day ... my name will grace the cover of a novel. A big, hairy Texan's pursuit to publish a novel."

Wendy Roberts - An awesome gal whose debut novel hit the shelves last month. Read her insights, her wit and her wisdom about this business - and then get out and buy a copy of Remains of the Dead.

Karin Tabke - This gal is busy. She's got multiple writing projects in the works, writes for multiple blogs, and still finds time to do a First Line Contest every so often. Kudos to her. If you want to know what writing / publishing / editing is really like, take a read through her blog. What a gal!

The Good Girls Kill for the Money Club - Five writers, five excellent minds... Too much fun.

Paperback Writer - Author Lynn Viehl (or S.L. Viehl depending on which of her books you're looking at) shares her thoughts and her journeys through the publishing industry. With '38 novels in 5 genres' under her belt, she also has the guns to back up her words. (And if you haven't read any of her books, you're missing out.)

Okay. I don't know if I'm going to make this a regular feature, but it's always good to give out a little link-love. I hope everyone visits the above links and takes something positive away.

(A little service announcement: My fingers aren't cooperating today, so any typos are entirely their fault. Little snits. Feh.)

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Wow! I truly appreciate the kind words and being tossed in with such great sites and writers. Thanks.

JenWriter said...

Thanks for the reciprocal link love! I'll have to check out the blogs on this list.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Great links - thank you.