Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Support A Fellow Writer

Yesterday was a monumental day in the blogosphere, and I'm ashamed to say, I missed it. A day late, but better late than never.

You'll get the full story here, but to give you a shortened version, one of our fellow writers is battling a nasty form of cancer. Hence, she doesn't have the time or the energy to promote her book (hardcover came out last year, but the paperback was released yesterday). Since so much of our sales come from promoting our own books, a group of bloggers got together to help Patry Francis promote her book The Liar's Diary. (And yes, it's already available as used, but if you're going to buy it, buy it new this time. I'm a used bookseller, but with some things you have to spend the extra to make sure the money ends up in the writer's pocket. Like, say, now.)

I haven't read it, and if I'd remembered, I would've looked for it at the bookstore today, but it looks like an interesting read. If I read correctly, this was Patry's debut novel, and since it started off as a hardcover and has now gone to paperback, it has to have something going for it. If you're looking for something new to read, give it a try. If not, help out a fellow writer by passing the word along on your own blog.

I know if it were me, I'd appreciate a little assistance, too.

No comments: