Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, January 28, 2008

Thanks for the Meme-ries

The lovely and talented Liz Fenwick tagged me last Thursday. So here goes:

Rules:
Link to the person that tagged you
Post the rules on your blog
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
(Of course, I'm going to break the last two rules because I don't like to tag people. If you want to play along, feel free to do so and leave a comment here so I can see your answers.)

1. I smoke. Not so much now as I used to, but I do. I'm down to less than a pack a day (from the two packs I used to smoke.) The lungful of choice for the past few years: Misty Ultralight Menthols. Mmmm, it's good.

2. When I was a child, I had this doll called Baby Beans. She was composed of a plastic face set into a cotton-filled head with a bean-bag body. I loved that doll so much that when the manufacturers created an older brother for her, my parents got me him, too. He was Billy Beans. I have no idea what happened to them. Neither does my mother. =o(

3. I was savaged by a toy poodle when I was three. My family and I were at the home of a distant relative and I remember seeing an open chair to climb into. Right after I did, this dog jumped up in my lap and bit my face - without provocation, I might add. I remember lots of screaming and lots of blood. I remember someone holding my face under the tap in the kitchen sink. To this day, I have two scars on my face from it - one about an inch from the left corner of my mouth and the other up near the edge of my jaw where it meets the hairline. (Sounds like a big bite-span for a toy poodle, but remember I was three, so the distance has got larger as my face grew.) I still don't like poodles.

4. I fell off my bike three times in the same summer. I think I was thirteen. You see, I lived on a dirt road and my bike was a ten speed. Skinny wheels, bad traction. But that wasn't the reason for falling. I had these shoes I absolutely loved and they had no traction, so two of the three falls were from my foot slipping off the pedal and catching on the ground. That stops a bike pretty fast, so you can imagine the results. Anyway, I got stitches the first time because the dirt road gave me a nasty enough case of road-rash to warrent them. The second time I still got road-rash, but not as bad. The third time was caused when my bookbag got caught in the spokes as I was going downhill. I should've gotten stitches that time, but after the second time, my father said if I fell off my bike one more time, he was taking it away. I talked my mother into not taking me to the hospital, and so I have a lovely jagged line up my right hip bone now.

5. Enough of the gore... I was in my HS senior class production of Cheaper by the Dozen. My part: Mrs. Gilbraith. Imagine me as the mother of a dozen kids. Heh. At that age, I didn't even want to be around kids, let alone have any of my own.

6. I won't eat peas because the feeling of them exploding in my mouth totally grosses me out. Just thinking about it is making me queasy. Ewwww.

Tada. Bet you wish you didn't know all the things you now know about me. ;o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never imagined you as a smoker! You do surprise me:-) It's a wonder you don't like bikes along with poodles!

Travis Erwin said...

I did this one myself yesterday