Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Deep Breath

Tonight I took a deep breath, plugged my nose and plunged into querying. I've been working on my query letter all day, and I went through numerous drafts (and all of my CP's patience, no doubt) until finally I was inspired. Now I just hope the agent I sent it out to likes it as much as I do.

Time will tell. Wish me luck (or better yet, wish me success - luck is too ephemeral).

(ETA: Woke up the next morning a little nauseous about the whole thing, but that's typical.)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wishing you luck and success, just in case...

X

Wendy Roberts said...

Wishing you speedy and positive responses!!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Thanks guys. This agent had a quick turnaround time. I just got his rejection letter. He was very nice about it, and even said 'this sounds interesting in many ways'. I know that's code for a nice NO, but it's still good to hear.

Onward!

Unknown said...

Ah, querry letters. I'm in the middle of sending out a bunch myself. Got a few requests for partials, and a few straight out "no thank you's". There's one agent right now looking at a partial, and man, it's nerve-wracking. Good luck!