Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Almost Done

With this draft anyway. My CP's got the first chunk, and is reviewing it for typos, gaffs, etc. She's checking to make sure it's clear, and that I haven't majorly screwed anything up. As soon as she's ready, the next chunk will wing it's way across cyber space to her.

All I have left to do until she gives me the edits, is finishing working on the last chapter.

At this point, I only have one thing to say...

Oooo, it's so good.

Having said that, though, I should admit I'm having a little case of the heebie-jeebies about knocking off that last chapter. When it's done, it'll be ready for submission. And what if they don't love it as much as I do. The whole idea is currently freaking me out. I should be better by morning. I hope.

Which reminds me. Since I'm already freaking out, if there are any of you interested in doing a little crit-swapping, let me know. To give you a hint about this book - because I'm still not ready to let the premised out onto the internet - it's set in the near future. (I think it's what Janet Reid calls near-future noir, but I stink at genres.) Say, oh, about 20-25 years from now. It's a deep book about something that has been an issue in our society for the most of man's existence, but has only really become a hot political topic for the past 40 years or so. But beyond the deep topic, there's action, romance, and suspense. It also comes close to making me cry at several points.

Anyway, if you're interested in critting* and want to see the blurb, let me know in the comments or e-mail me and I'll shoot you a copy. (As long as you promise to keep it strictly confidential. I don't want this puppy getting out before I have representation, at least.)

Okay, off to bed before I fall over onto my keyboard and all my lines look like gobbledy-gook.

(*Edited to clarify)

1 comment:

Wendy Roberts said...

I don't wanna see a blurb because I love surprises and want to read about it first when you announce your sale :)