Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Mental Meanderings

And now for a brief glimpse into my mental meanderings:

Earlier I was talking to my husband and my mind started to wander. I asked him what he would like for dinner, and gave him the choice of baked chicken, Italian frittattas (baked omelets), or chicken fricassee. He said he would like the egg things. At that point my brain went off. I started thinking about how I'd seen someone put cilantro in their eggs, and then I wondered what cilantro tastes like. From there I went to Thursday's trip to Sams Club where they have a huge aisle of seasonings. Then I wondered at all the great things they have for cheap at Sams. Minutes after the beginning of our conversation, I blurted out: "Boy, Sams Club is really the mecca for tightwads like me."

Needless to say, he was very confused, but he's used to living with me. Thank goodness for that.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I call that mental ADD.. and suffer from it myself. (g)

Janimé said...

HAHA!!! This happens to me all the time!!

Scary thing is, DH and I have been together for so long that half the time, he knows the train of thought I went through and understands what I'm talking about.

That, and we occasionally have conversations where we talk in partial sentences instead of full ones, because each knows the train of thought the other is following. Kind of a "Second Foundation" thing.

(Oh, and I really like Sams too!)