Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Update

Well, I just noticed that it's been a while since I posted an update.

Since the last update, I sent 2 shorts to Glimmertrain (and they'd rejected both of the first ones I sent), one short to The Kenyon Review, one short to The Pedestal Magazine. Pedestal gave me a quick rejection to 'Fire'. Kenyon's got 'Mirror', and Glimmertrain has 'Haudego' and 'AHNP' (A Hero of Novel Proportions). Still no word from Ploughshares on my poem, and no word from First Line on 'Pigwell' (which is actually titled 'Time Stops Here' but Pigwell is my petname for it).

Also, since the last update, I've sent out 9 new query letters for 'Spectacle'. I'm still waiting on several queries for 'Caldera', but I think they're toast. I just hope somebody bothers to use my SASE on those (except for the e-queries, of course - I'll never hear back on those if they aren't interested.)

I sent a short note to the agent who's had a partial on Caldera since 9/18/06. Her lead time shows 2-3 months, but with the holidays, I gave her 4 months. Still haven't seen my SASE, and she hasn't replied to my e-mail, so I'm guessing that sucker is probably toast and I'm out the unused postage. C'est la vie.

I'm stuck in the middle of editing 'Blink'. After determining I need to rewrite the middle, I can't seem to make myself finish redinking (look ma, I made a new word) the rest of it. Plus I've been distracted writing my fourth book - tentatively called 'Justice'.

Speaking of which, I hit 7500 words last night. It's turning more toward straight mystery without so much suspense, but I'm liking it. I don't think I'll end up killing off as many people as I had originally planned. (I wonder if there's a genre category called 'literary mystery'. If there were, this would certainly fit.)

Onward!

No comments: