Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, January 29, 2007

More Excellent Advice

Last week, I went blog-hunting again. I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to add to my morning read, and I was quite happy to find Therese Fowler's Blog. So happy, in fact, she made it past the waiting period and hit my link list the same day. (I try to wait because I want to make sure I'm linking to good blogs for all of you.)

Today, she's got an excellent post: Top Ten Writing Mistakes.

I'm happy to report, I don't think I'm making these mistakes too frequently any more. Please note: The author of the article doesn't say "Don't ever do this" with most of her list. Some things must be done sparingly. Like adding seasoning to a recipe. If you overdo it, you'll ruin the dish. Sprinkle a little stuff here and there, and see how it tastes. Unlike cooking, though, if you don't like it, you don't have to live with it. Above all else, do what works for you.

But please, PLEASE, make sure it works. You don't want to leave your readers gagging on a too-salty stew of words.

;o)

No comments: