Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Update

Since I last posted an update on my writing:

Glimmertrain rejected both of the shorts (Fire and Mirror) I submitted in October and I got a rejection from Pedestal (Haudego). I'm still waiting on news from Ploughshares on my poem (TWIM).

Never one to dilly-dally, I sent another short to Glimmertrain (AHNP) for their January submission period, shot one off to Kenyon Review (Mirror) and sent one to Pedestal to see if they like it (Fire). I'm still thinking of where to send Haudego again, but that one's a little odd so I may never find a home for it.

Additionally, I still haven't heard back on my requested partial for Caldera, or some of my agent queries for that novel and for Spectacle.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to edit Blink. My editing process is to print off the first draft and then sit down with it and my red pen. I read through the draft--marking the hell out of it while I jot some notes in a spiral notebook. I'm through the first 5 chapters of Blink doing this. All that red ink makes my manuscript look like a crime-scene. But it's a good thing. I'm finding ways to fix a few problems, and ways to better relay meaning.

The next new project? I have a whole list of possible projects. We'll see what floats to the top.

ETA: I nearly forgot about the new short story I wrote for submission to The First Line. (Which is odd considering it's sitting right in front of me.) It's out to beta readers right now, but it'll be submitted before their Feb. 1st deadline.

No comments: