Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Excellent Advice

I'm in the process of researching agents... again. It's a neverending process, so expect me to say that over and over and over again. The world isn't static, why should the publishing arena be any different?

So, I went over to Agent Query to see what I could find today. I'm procrastinating (of course I am, that's why I'm here writing a blog entry rather than working) and I click on the link for 'Public Service Announcements' whereupon I stumble across some very good advice:

First For Love, Second for Filthy Lucre

I'm one of those people who refuses to give up on my first novel. However, I'm not one of those people who stopped writing. (As evidenced by the fact I'm trying to edit book #3 while I'm querying for #1 and #2.) I don't know that I'll ever give up on #1. It's pretty damned good if I do say so myself--and those few people who've read it agree, so I'm not nuts. But AQ is probably right about the marketability of it. *sigh*

Still, sound advice from the people who give you a dependable and free way to research agents.

...I'm still not giving up, though. ;o)

No comments: