Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Something to Ponder

Tonight I watched parts of a Lifetime drama called "To be Fat Like Me". As I thought, it was pretty much an after-school special, but I was surprised to find an important message at the very end of the movie. I don't remember the exact wording but the sentiment was along the lines of "The world will define who you are, until you define yourself."

Throughout our lives, we all step into the roles society would have us play. That is until and unless we define our own role and refuse to accept society's role for us.

As I said, I was surprised to see such a message on TV at all. My only wish is that they would have gone one step further, and included the fact that we never need care about what 'society' thinks of us at all. Once we get beyond caring what other people think of us, we'll all be better off. Myself included.

Just something to ponder.

(If you're interested in the show: http://www.lifetimetv.com/movies/originals/fatlikeme.php)

No comments: