Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Quotes

Among the many things I do, I collect quotes. Up until September, I had a database with upwards of 300 quotes--filed by author, subject and alternate subject. Then came 'The Great Computer Crash of 2006' (as I like to call it) and I lost everything. ::Note to everyone - BACK UP YOUR STUFF::

This morning I set about working on re-collecting those quotes I find inspiring, amusing, or poignant. Starting today, I will try to have a fresh quote at the top of this blog every morning. Feel free to use them if you'd like. If nothing else, I hope they move you in some way.

Additionally, I used a quote at the beginning of each chapter of Spectacle. I spent a lot of time searching for just the right quote for each chapter, and I am pleased with the results. Not that I am advocating all of you do this in your writings, but it does add something if used in the right place.

Enjoy.

No comments: