Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Reveling in the Blogosphere

Sitting out here in the middle of nowhere, amidst the masses of undereducated farmers and pseudo-intellectual bitties, it ain't easy to find like minds. And while I don't aspire to find a bunch of those anywhere (because I don't think there are too many who think like me), I've always thought it would be nice to find a few people in the world who understand what this writing business is all about. (Other than my husband, that is.)

First I found Absolute Write, which was pretty cool and had a bunch of people who really are writers and seemed like they knew what the hell they're talking about. Not that I've abandoned AW completely, but unfortunately, there's too much other crap going on there--too many distractions from the purpose--and so I went searching for other avenues and other minds. Whoda thunk I'd find them in the blogosphere? (ETA: Since the time of this post, I have abandoned AW.)

So, as I wander through the pages of blogs, I'll be linking from time to time to people who seem to share my purpose and my general philosophy of life, writing, etc.

My hope is certainly for each person who visits here to wander over to these sites, where knowledge can be acquired, learning can grow, and understanding can be found. One big writing community connected by the tenuous strands of internet links.

Enjoy.

No comments: