Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Explanation of Non-working Weekend

It's been a weird few days, most of which have been spent on the couch recovering from some nasty crap. No biggie. I'm still not 100%, but I'm on my way. (Maybe 75% and rising.) So, everything should be back to normal (or as close as I'm ever gonna get) sometime tomorrow. I can't go too much longer without writing or my brain will explode.

On the upside to all this, I've been getting a boatload of reading done. Read two of Laura Bradford's mysteries (which are awesome, btw), a book by M.J. Rose, and the first of the Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl. Interesting and well-written books all. (But a word of caution to those of you with teens drawn to vampire novels - the Darkyn series is definitely for the over-18 crowd. Lots of sex and violence, and sexual violence. I'm going to go out and buy them all, read them and then closet them away from my kid until she's old enough.)

If you're looking for some nice mysteries, with twists and turns but nothing in the sex or gore area, Laura's Jenkins and Burns mysteries are the way to go. I'm going to recommend them to my mother - who is a voracious but very selective reader, but will love these.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back soon to move those progress meters and get some more profound blogging accomplised.

No comments: