Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halfway!

If you could see me now, I'm dancing around singing the happy halfway finished song. (Okay, maybe only in my mind, but if I really was, it would be quite a sight.)

Of course, it's only halfway through my projected word count, but still, it's a hell of an accomplishment. 16 days and 40,000 words. I don't think I've ever averaged 2500 words a day, so this is pretty damn cool for me.

I'm not done for the night. In fact, I'm right in the middle of a scene. Which means back to work for me. But I thought I should stop for a little celebration.

Yay me!

This puts me on track for having this sucker turned out by the middle of November (if I stick to writing this much, that is.) If I push I might be able to get it edited by the end of the year, but I'm not promising anything. I still haven't finished editing Blink or ARJ, and poor Redemption is sitting in the deep freeze until I'm through with R2L.

Okay, enough about me. I have to get back to work. I hope everyone else's writing goals are working out this week. =oD

6 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!

Leigh Russell said...

Hi, I write crime thrillers as well, set in England where I live. I don't have a specific goal but I get fidgety if I don't write anything for a day or two. I've been on a roll, averaging 2,000 words a day, but I'm taking it a bit slower now as my book is with the editor and I want to keep my head clear to deal with any suggestions she makes. Although I am working on an idea... It's hard to stop (except when I'm at work - or blogging). Drop by my blog some time and say hallo.

Travis Erwin said...

Congrats. Isn't it fun to reach a milestone.

My writing is going slow but well right now. Today I am excited becasue the short story I recently sold is out on hte web for the world to see.

Pop on over to my blog for the link of you are interested in reading some of my fiction.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

2500 words a day is an awesome average--I think I'm averaging between 1500-2000 most days-- much more on weekends when I have a longer block of time available.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the sucker pushed out mid november, as you have planned.

Theresa

B.E. Sanderson said...

Thanks Erica. This book is going to be great, I think. We'll see how it is when it's done. ;o)

It's always great to reach a milestone. Slow but well is always good, Travis. I'll take that any day over being dried up. I'll stop by after I flop for a while. It was a long day.

Thanks to the new people for stopping by, too. I'll be by your blog for a deeper read tomorrow, Leigh. And I appreciate your crossed fingers, Theresa. =oD

Anonymous said...

I followed your link over from Karin's Contest.

Great lines btw.

Theresa