Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Industry News

Just a quick FYI...

Caren Johnson is temporarily closed to submissions. She should be back up again after the first of the year.

The Zack Company is open to submissions again. They're back and have expanded their genre choices. Now they're also accepting Chick-Lit and Women's Fiction. Not my thing, but I believe many of you write in those areas. Additionally, I just noticed that they have their own blog. Yay.

Oh, and in case I didn't mention it before, Irene Goodman Literary Agency has changed their submission requirements, and are now only accepting e-queries. If you're like me (who sent a paper packet out before the requirements changed) and never received your SASE back, it might behoove you to try the new method. Just a thought.

If you're looking for links to the above agents, please visit my post: Agent Sites, Blogs, Etc. for more information.

As always, if you have any info you'd like to share on agents, please leave a comment - either here or at the above post. Thanks, and success to you all.

2 comments:

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

As usual,you're very generous with information. Thank you.
I am going to email a couple of those agents - just to get my skin toughened up by the rejections :)

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks for sharing this info. I was needing to send out some new queries and you just made my job a bit easier.