Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Forging Ahead

Okay. Yesterday's post was annoying, even to me. Blech. Maybe that's what I needed to kick myself in the ass - a little pesky whining.

Anyhoo, I can't promise I won't do it again, but it's over for now. I'm back to work - for real this time - and I won't accept any excuses. So there.

Now, get back to work (I says to myself). :whipcrack:

ETA: Figured it out, folks. Yesterday morning I told myself I was going to write 5000 words, and I think I freaked myself out. If I know I've got a goal, that's not a problem, but putting a number of words on any given day must give me the equivalence of mental constipation. Who'da thunk it? Definitely something I'll work on correcting, now that I know the hang-up is there.

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I always try to undergoal myself. If I only propose to do 3 pages and I do 5, then I feel so much more victorious than if I propose to do 5 and only do 3.

B.E. Sanderson said...

That's a good way to look at it, Kristen. In most other aspects of my life, I do it that way. Under-expect and most often you'll be pleasantly surprised. =oD

I don't know what I was thinking on Saturday morning.